For my European readers (or those of you interested in going to Italy this fall!) I will be in Italy at the end of October as the guest of honor at the Lucca Comics & Games Festival. I will announce my exact festival schedule once it is finalized. For more details check out my upcoming events page.
In this week’s new Writing Excuses episode, Elemental Thriller Q&A, we fielded the following questions about the “Thriller” elemental genre from listeners on Facebook and Twitter:
- How do I build tension consistently through my story?
- How do you maintain tension during dialog?
- When do you not use a cliffhanger?
- Do you ever picture your scenes as if they were in a movie?
- How much elemental thriller is too much for a book that isn’t a thriller? What’s the tipping point where you’ve switched genres?
- What do you do when the tension in your story peaks too early?
My assistant Adam has updated the Twitter post archive for July.